1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

chump car race at Sebring

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> Shows and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
modified 72 ghia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: chump car race at Sebring Reply with quote

I was fortunate enough to be asked to be a driver in the chumcar race at the famous Sebring road course. We went down on Wens night. Made some adjustments on thursday to the 72 super beetle I was going to be driving. Friday got into the famous track. it was awesome to see all the things I have only seen on tv. got the car through tech and went through the drivers meeting. Sat. inally came and we pushed the car to the line up. We started @40 with over 70 cars in the race. The owner of the car was driving the first 2 hours with me going in the car next. after 2 parade laps, 8 cars were out. Then the green flag. our car along with 2 more beetles dropped to the rear. On lap 3 the cooling fan exploded taking the oil cooler and breaking one of the intakes for the carbs. we were done way too early for a 14 hour race.

I enjoyed it. it was an expereince of a lie time. looking forward to next year.

Ron
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> Shows and Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: