1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Trip to Crystal Springs FL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg

1969 Volkswagen Beetle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:14 pm    Post subject: Trip to Crystal Springs FL Reply with quote

Took a trip down to Crystal Springs FL (about an hour north of Tampa on the left coast) in the bus a couple weeks ago. Thought I would post some pics. If you've never been, it's a place where manatees come in from the sea during winter to stay warm. Sometimes you can swim with them. Pretty cool place. We kayaked, snorkeled and enjoyed the beaches. We didn't see any manatees close up but we saw a couple a little ways off.

Not sure if you can make out the vehicle behind us but it's a HERO. The ones that assist motorist who have broken down. The HERO followed us for a good 10 miles. I was hoping this wasn't the universe giving me a sign. Thankfully, we didn't need it.

The bus did great (for the most part) on the trip. Averaged about 17mpg during mostly 60ish driving. I've got a problem with the oil pressure/temps. Every so often it's like the oil relief valves stuck and the pressure goes south and the temps climb. Then, it all goes back to normal. Weird.

It's always funny when we stay at the RV parks. They don't have any idea what to do with us. FYI: find a camping place that has tent camping with power hook ups. It's cheaper than an RV spot.

kayaking at the springs

We snorkeled the 2nd day at crystal springs. Pretty cool swimming in a fresh water spring.

The great thing about a bus is anytime you need to stop...you have all the comforts of home Smile

Here I am contemplating the meaning of life (or just hoping the bus bus starts Smile

it's pretty hard to locate a bus at the beach Smile

Jon
Site Admin

1969 Volkswagen Type 3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting about your trip Greg.

It is hard to find you in the beach picture, except for the chalky white legs, the giant-like height, and the ever present sombrero. Laughing Kinda like 'Where's Waldo' only different.

Seriously, thanks. I like nothing more than reading about people's adventures in their buses.
69 Squareback
70 Fastback

63 Bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: